Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Peggy2LE Notes

edited December 2012 in General

Got my Peggy 2LE in the mail last week. I was so excited. I am decent with a soldering iron, but had never worked on a project with this many solder joints before. Your directions were so incredibly clear. The lower half of the board went together in a jiffy.

The resistor lead bending tool worked like a charm. The only problem was there were only two jumpers and one resistor to bend with in on this project. I'm sure the bending tool will get more use in the future.

The LEDs went in smoothly. For someone who has OCD tendencies, this almost seemed theraputic. The leads are all in a dress-right-dress formation and awaiting commands from the ATMEGA. This kit was so well thought through. It was an enjoyable experience.

The only irk-some part was the C12 capacitor. It is on the edge of the board and stands above the other components. It didn't feel right, the way the board rested on the capacitor when I had it turned over to solder the LEDs. A little desoldering wick and a capacitor with the same rating but a shorter form factor saved the day. If my OCD getting tweeked is the only thing that (minimaly) could be a negative, then you are doing a great job.

Is there anywhere on the forum I can post some code? I'd like to get some feedback on how to optimize the code, and share it with others.

Once again, thank you for the support and the great product.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback on the capacitor-- we'll take a look.  

You are welcome to post code here, and this is a good place for discussions. :)
  • The capacitor worked fine, it just made the board feel 'tippy' when I had it turned over to solder on the LEDs.