I tried to use my Meggy Jr today and nothing showed on the screen. I thought maybe it needed to have the program reloaded and while getting that hooked up smelled the burning-electronics smell. I immediately unplugged the power and disassembled the cover to find out what was burning. It turned out to be one of the LED driver chips. Just to be sure, I plugged it back in (without the display attached) and within seconds the LED driver chip got toasty.
- Have you seen this happen before?
- What could have caused it?
- Can I get a replacement chip?
- Could the LED matrix be shorted and caused this chip to fail?
- How can I verify that the LED matrix is in working order?
I live nearby. Would you like me to bring it over?
- Peter Holley