Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Diavolino light not blinking

edited August 2014 in Microcontrollers
OK, so, not the best solder job, but when I power the Diavolino board with either a battery pack or USB through the Friend board, the red LED blinks once, waits, then blinks 3 times fast, then goes dark forever. I cannot get the Arduino IDE to recognize it at all. The IDE says "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding"

Honestly, I do not know whether the chip bootloader was affected because someone else was using the board for a while, but shouldn't the light blink regardless?

Thanks!

Comments

• The presence or lack of a "blinking" program does not indicate whether or not the bootloader is working properly. It's possible to have a bootloader present with blinking and it's possible to have blinking on the "LED pin" without the bootloader.

The presence of the pattern does likely mean that the chip itself is working properly, but it is possible that the bootloader was removed (by someone else) or that something is interfering with the proper operation of the bootloader.  If you'd like to send it to us for diagnosis, we'd be willing to take a look and reprogram it if necessary.