Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

USB not working / no connection

edited June 2016 in AxiDraw
Hi there, I received the AxiDraw today and was able to get some awesome results.
After unplugging power and USB to relocate the machine to a safer space it is now only powered on.
The USB lamp does not glow and I cannot get a connection from either PC or Mac.
When inserting in the powerplug the pen holder is raised a small fraction, but nothing more moves.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Can you please clarify what you mean by "only powered on"?
  • Only the PWR led glows, the USB and USR leds do not, when the USB cable is plugged in. No other leds are on.
  • If you plug in only the USB cable (not the power cable), do you get any lights on the EBB?
  • If I only plugin the USB cable, then the power LED glows. image
  • If I terminal my mac to list the devices, I don't find anything remote to the EBB.
    IOUSBHostDevice
    IOUSBHostDevice
    BRCM20702 Hub
    Bluetooth USB Host Controller
    Keyboard Hub
    Apple Keyboard
    USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse
    IOUSBHostDevice
    FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
    MacBook Air SuperDrive
  • I don't see anything obviously wrong from the photo. 

My next question would have been whether you were getting an error (or just not machine response) but since you don't see it in the list, I would presume that you are getting a "no connection" type error.

The most likely causes at this point are that the USB cable is bad, or that the USB connector on the circuit board is bad. Do you have another USB cable handy that you could try testing with?
  • You are right, I get a "Failed to connect to AxiDraw. :(" error when trying to access the AxiDraw (lower the pen etc. from the Inkscape extension)). I changed the USB cable, still the same.
  • Then it sounds like you'll need a driver board swap. Please contact us directly (by e-mail or through the contact form at http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/contact ) to arrange that.
  • I send a mail through the shop contact form. Thank you.
  • Great-- we'll follow up there.