Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Egg Bot can't be found on serial port

edited December 2015 in General
Hello,

I have encountered a rather frustrating problem. After a plot completes I have to power cycle the Eggbot before I can plot again, otherwise I receive an error starting Eggbot can't be found on any serial port. If I power cycle, or unplug the USB for about 30 seconds, it will work for another plot, but only once and then I get the error again.

OS X 10.11.1 on MacBook Air
XQuartz 2.7.8
Inkscape 0.91

The issue occurs with both USB ports and multiple cables.
Any insight would be most helpful.

Thanks!

-J

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Hi JCompi, 
     Please try this version of the EggBot extensions: 

Unzip and drag the contents of the "extensions" folder into your Inkscape extensions directory, replacing all files there. (You do not need to reinstall Inkscape.) 

(The Inkscape extensions directory (folder) is located at:

/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/ 
     You can get there by selecting from the menu bar in the finder: Go > Go to Folder... , and pasting that directory name there. ) 

Restart inkscape, and verify in the "*" tab of EggBot Control that you have version 2.6.3.

• great worked fine for me!

• Great-- I apologize for the hassle; we'll be packaging that up in a formal installer soon.
  • works fine for the pen.
    but looks like the motor of the engraver doesn't respond with this V263 extension?

thanks in advance
  • I'll take a look.
  • Today I checked everything with a multimeter, there was a an issue on the engraving pcb board.
    everything is ok. the V263 is ok with the engraver.

thanks
  • Great; glad to hear it. (I was unable to reproduce the issue here.) 

And, I'm glad that you were able to fix the issue on the engraver. :)