Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

USB problems

edited May 2014 in Egg-Bot
After installing inkscape and running the setup procedure there is aleays no USB connection. I have tried it with an windows 8 laptop and also xp.
Always the same: driver installed but under hardware setup problems with the driver.
Any ideas??
Yours Michael

Comments

• Can you please clarify what you mean by "under hardware setup problems with the driver?"  Does that mean that you were unable to install the driver?
  • Yes,
    Driver installation failed
    Error code = 0x3EE

I tried the elder v10 driverinstaller and also the v20

• Your computer will definitely not be able to connect to the EggBot until the driver installed.

I have not seen this error before on Win 8 or XP.  It sounds like you may not have permission to install the driver on your system.   

To run it, right-click and run as administrator.
  • I seem to hae a similar issue.
    The board is listet in the device manager (win10) under "serial port 8 Arduino Leonardo"
    The USB driver installed successfully, but I still get the error message
    Failed to connect to EggBot. :(

What am I missing?
  • The EggBot does not run on an Arduino Leonardo. Either your machine is not one of our EggBots or you also have an Arduino Leonardo connected to your computer. 
  • I would also note that no driver installation is needed for the EBB under Windows 10-- Windows will automatically detect and install the proper driver, even if you don't run ours.
This discussion has been closed.