Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Help Eggbot servo calibration

edited July 2015 in Egg-Bot

Sorry for my poor English. When i connect the Inkscape to EBB board, and open the extensions to start servo calibration, i receive the following message, and the servo d´not move.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eggbot.py", line 1406, in <module>
    e.affect()
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\inkex.py", line 268, in affect
    self.effect()
  File "eggbot.py", line 281, in effect
    self.EggbotOpenSerial()
  File "eggbot.py", line 1299, in EggbotOpenSerial
    self.serialPort = self.getSerialPort()
  File "eggbot.py", line 1357, in getSerialPort
    serialPort = self.testSerialPort( strComPort )
  File "eggbot.py", line 1326, in testSerialPort
    serialPort = serial.Serial( strComPort, timeout=1 ) # 1 second timeout!
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\serial\serialwin32.py", line 30, in __init__
    SerialBase.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\serial\serialutil.py", line 260, in __init__
    self.open()
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\serial\serialwin32.py", line 56, in open
    raise SerialException("could not open port %s: %s" % (self.portstr, ctypes.WinError()))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    This error is not actually related to the servo motor in any way. The actual problem is that there is a "bad" character in the file. It is a type of error that we have heard of before, but not been able to reproduce. If you can follow up on our earlier reply to you and send us a copy of the file, then hopefully we can solve this once and for all. If not, you might try using one of our example files while doing your calibrations.
  • Can you tell me an email to send a copy of the extensions file of my computer.
  • Please reply to the e-mail that we sent you earlier. You can add it as an attachment to your e-mail.