Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

RoboPaint / RoboPaint RT unable to connect

edited October 2016 in WaterColorBot
This discussion was created from comments split from: RoboPaint unable to connect.

Comments

• I'm a bit confused.   RoboPaintRT connects and drives the printer.  It is an exercise to use and not what we need for everyday.
    RoboPaint is the confusing one.  It will not connect.   Reboot computer - can't find the USB port 4 device.
    This is a 2.0.0 Beta - I have two versions so it seems from 2 days.  Same number.  They act differently.
    The last one I just downloaded last night (7pm central) is really dead.  It comes up with the GUI repainting itself
    but is in the startup mode forever.  The other beta version - have it on a stick - and it was not connecting as wanted
    but I was able to debug it - I think the error code was a 22.   Can't find the unit in the serial port.   It is there. 
    This is a system 10 windows computer.  And has a mouse USB stick , a Scanner USB Stick and WaterColorBot2 .

I even went into properties and gave it all controls.  Hoping it didn't have read access to something.

How can RT function and RoboPaint hang and not connect or the current one get through startup ?
    I'm going to try the previous beta version and see if it changes anything.  I can revert back with a new install.
    (This one last night - was installed after I deinstalled the former version - hearing to reinstall.  Have Python and Java on this computer as well as anything you install.

Martin
  • RoboPaint and RoboPaint RT are not related, except for the names. They share zero code under the hood. However, since both do access the USB ports, it is likely that RoboPaint will not be able to find the machine if RoboPaint RT is still running, or was not quit correctly. (Restarting, as you have done, should eliminate the possibility of that causing a conflict.)

Please run the installer for the current version ("Install_robopaint_Win_64bit_v2.0.0-beta.2.exe"). Make sure that it is _on your computer_ (not on a stick), and have your WaterColorBot connected via USB when you launch. If necessary, make sure to give permission for the install. Running this latest version normally works fine on Windows 10; I've just re-installed here to verify that things are working properly in general.

RoboPaint does not use Python or Java. Having current versions of those should not cause any conflict. 

If you do continue to have trouble connecting, please contact us directly, and we'll ask a few additional troubleshooting questions.