Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Where is eggbot_conf.py!!!

Hi I previously contacted you to ask if some 0.9 degree motors were suitable. You told me i needed to "open up the "eggbot_conf.py" file in your Inkscape Extensions folder-- it contains a setting in there "STEP_SCALE" that you can alter for this configuration (400 steps/revolution -- 6400 steps per revolution)" Only thing is I cant find it. I think the problem arises because I have a windows computer and followed the advice to install the Windows installer from the previous major release, EggBot_250A.exe. I downloaded the extensions for 2.7.1 and the file you mentioned is there but ive got 2.5 installed and I cant find eggbot_conf.py in program files/inkscape/share/extensions.

Anyhoo I found earlier advice for 0.9 degree motors that was to "go to "eggbot.py" file (in your Inkscape extensions) and find the line of code that says: self.step_scaling_factor = 1 and change it to 0.5." The "eggbot.py" file is there (leading me to summise that its a version thing as the post was old.) Only the code that should read self.step_scaling_factor = 1 actually in mine reads step_scaling_factor = 2. Quite confused now should i change it to 0.5? or even 1 as thats half its current value. Please help Thanks John

Comments