Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Test 1st stage Bulbdial

edited May 2013 in Clock Kits

I ran the test on the blue led phase of the bulb dial and am getting some not lighting and some double (2 at a time)

I found continuity across d14, none of the others, removed it, and the MT pins (holes) show continuity also.

All the solder joints look good, the LEDs installed correctly, (flat side same)

Once I took out LED D14 and go continuity across pins, made me kinda lost.

Any ideas?

Denn

Comments

• D14 and D41 light at the same time for 34 second indication (showing 7:00 in blue)

D 14 does not come on at all for 12 :00 second hand indication

• I'm Cool also, found problems!!!
  • Normally, if two back-to-back LEDs light at the same time, that indicates that one of the LEDs is backwards.  You've already checked for that, with the flat sides.  Just in case, double check that the "leadframes" -- the metal shapes within the plastic lens --are also oriented in the same direction as each other.

The second thing that could be happening is if there is an accidental connection (e.g., a solder bridge) between signal lines LED1 and LED4.  This could be at D14, D41, or elsewhere on the board. 
  • Its all together and working perfectly!

Going to buy one or two more to make for family members !

Thanks Windell !