We set up the bot today. Kids would love it, if it would work. I am pretty handy with stuff like that, but of course I might be the culprit here. Here what happens:
The vertical sliders when moving down towards the front starts to stutter and stops moving further the 1/2 to 3/4 of the whole height even when I select the lowest possible point in RT. The longer the robo works the worse it gets. It gets completely de-calibrated and goes all over the place, constantly stuttering.
Here hat we checked several times
1. Both axis rods and sliders seem to be absolutely square.
2. All the cords are correctly wound up and correctly running through bearings and grooves
3. Cords seem to have the right tension (or is it too tight? how can I check? What is ideal? )
4. I can turn the motors and sliders seem to slide smootly by hand.
5. Even though the x-axis slider seems to be a bit tougher to turn it works perfectly as opposed to y-axis
Both in RoboPaint and RT we have the same problem, I don't think it's software issue.
Here 2 movies showing our struggles:https://www.dropbox.com/s/c09o8d4rnh3otuc/2014-01-03 22.13.58.movhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/vw86v1toj2aq3j2/2014-01-03 22.18.54.mov
Shall I look into current settings? We are living in Switzerland.