Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

eggbot stops working in larger jobs

edited March 2015 in General

Hello,

I build my new eggbot and I am able to do small jobs without any problems. However, when I try to do some more complex jobs, the eggbot stops moving after some minutes.

E.g. my eggbot can't finish the large maze, it stops somewhere between 50% and 80%.  In some cases only the servo stops working, leaving the pen up or down. In other situations both motors stop working as well.

I need to press reset to get control back.

What could be the reason?

Comments

• Are you getting any kind of error message on your computer?

We have heard of this happening in several different case like this (but with an error message) when someone was using a USB extension cable.

If you are not getting an error message, then it might be the case that you have an intermittent power connetion. If the power is disconnected (but not USB), the motors will stop working but you will not get an error message. You might try wiggling the power cord while printing to see if that makes any difference.