Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Will machine Be Able to

AngAng
edited April 2017 in AxiDraw
Hello, I have a MacBook Pro 2011 OS X Yosemite with 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5. Would this be compatible with AxiDraw? I am in real estate investing and wish to create 1 page hand written letter to each prospect. Will this be able to do this? Also how long approximately will it take to write a one page letter? Thanks

Comments

• Yes, the computer is compatible with AxiDraw.

The AxiDraw cannot produce hand written output; it does not have hands.

A one-page letter might take anywhere from say 3 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the complexity, movement speed, font size, and so forth. This is a lot like asking "how long does an oil painting take?" The answer is that it depends on the complexity.
  • What I would like to do with the machine is for an introduction letter for marketing. What I am asking is can it produce writing that is readable that is similar to a handwritten note? It should produce superior results to an ink jet printer? Since it would be using a pen. I would say the letter would be 200 words long. So would you have any idea how long it would take the machine to do this. Thanks for all your help. Your machine is really cool.
  • Yes, the AxiDraw can be used to produce readable text that is similar to handwriting. There is a significant difference between how writing looks when written with an actual pen as opposed to a inkjet printer. Anyone who looks closely will be able to tell the difference.

If I had to write a 200 word letter, and was able to pick appropriate fonts and so on to write it, I'd figure something like 10-15 minutes by AxiDraw.
  • Ok thanks. I think this would be great investment. Companies charge at min. 1.50 per letter. So it would pay for itself quiclkly. Will order one soon. Thanks for your help!