Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Alpha Clock Five Projects

Just giving an update on my projects in case anyone is interested. I was able to get some timed reminders up and running. I also got automatic DST conversion to work fairly seamlessly without using EEPROM. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links in this forum so I will wait for someone to give me permission before I do that. All the code that I have written is available on my blog. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to put a millisecond delay on my check for DST since I am currently running the check on every iteration of the loop() method. Would it be advisable to only check every 333 milliseconds or so?

Comments

• You are absolutely welcome to post things like that here, including any appropriate links (thank you for asking). I think that the forum does still disallow image uploads, though.

There's rarely a compelling reason to checking for DST more than once per second, and often not more than once per minute or hour.

• Thanks, Windell!

My blog is here for anyone interested. Spoiler alert though, it contains code snippets. If you don't want to learn how I modified the Alpha Clock Five you should not click this link.