Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

First post

edited November 2014 in Egg-Bot
Hi all, This is my first post. I am considering buying an Egg Bot Pro. I have a few questions. First off I was wondering how long before the novelty wears off? Also,
Is there any performance difference between the pro, and the deluxe models? Thanks.

Comments

• I can't really guess on the novelty, since that depends a lot on who you are and what you like to do. We hear from quite a few people who have been using theirs regularly for years, but we'd also guess that many of them just live on a lonely shelf somewhere.

The EggBot Pro is faster to set up for different types of objects, and is a little more pleasant to use-- both in how it feels overall (solid aluminum is really nice!) and the fact that there is better visibility from the front side. However, there is very little (if any) real performance difference between the two, in terms of what speed and output quality you can expect. Both the Deluxe and Pro have "top of the line" performance.
  • Thanks. Electronics is one of my many hobby's. I also produce high quality, photo realistic 3d renderings for a living, so the graphics interests me as well.