Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Raise/Lower motor Malfunctioning

Hello! I would appreciate any help.

Last night in the middle of a drawing the vertical raise/lower motor seems to have stopped working. I've tried power cycling, EEB updating for the firmware, reinstalling the Inkscape bundle, and disconnecting / reconnecting everything several times to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone might have some ideas as to how to fix it? I'm not very technical and have no knowledge or equipment to text the board and connections. I sent an email to support but thought I'd try here as well.

Thank you so much in advance for any ideas or help,

Cody

Comments

• If the pen-lift motor is not responding at all, then if (1) the XY motion is working correctly and (2) the cable is plugged in, it is likely that the motor itself has physically failed. We'll follow up through your other message about getting you a replacement.

• HI Windell,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the XY motion is still in perfect working order and the red-white-black cable is securely plugged into the correct place in the correct orientation. I really appreciate the assistance. It seems as though it may be the motor itself and I'd love to find out about a replacement.

Thanks again,

Cody