Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Error with Eggbot

edited December 2012 in General
I am asking for help regarding my eggbot. Not sure what the problem is? So far I have my eggbot built and connected to my mac laptop running 10.5.8.
I have XQuartz running 2.6.3. Inkspace is 0.48.2. The EBB firmware is 1.82. I am just trying to adjust the pen motor and press apply in the extensions and I get an error Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eggbot.py", line 30, in <module>
    import serial
ImportError: No module named serial
every single time. The led is flashing slow green on the Eibot board. Which means it is communicating. Not sure what the problem is. Thanks for helping. 

Comments

• Please try this version of the installer, which was created specifically to solve this issue, and let me know how it goes:

(If it does not work, I have a workaround that is known to work, but I'd really prefer to verify that the new installer solves the issue.)
  • Hi Windell,
    I had eggbot control extension version 2.2.2 installed before. I was getting my errors with this version. I downloaded the 2.3.1 beta version you sent the link to. It didn't work at first. But I did a clean install of inkspace and reinstalled the eggbot control extension 2.3.1. and now it works! Thank you so much. I went to the extension section and noticed that it shows that the version is displayed as 2.2.1. Not sure what that means. Thanks again.

• OK, great-- thanks!  I'll mark this one as the "featured" installer. :D

As for the version number, it probably should have been updated, but was not since (IIRC) only the "extra" extensions and the installer itself were updated.