Maintenance notice: These forum archives are read-only, and will be removed shortly. Please visit our forums at their new location, https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/.

Getting Started with PeggyDraw 2

This discussion was created from comments split from: Peggy 2 novice having problems with Peggy Draw 2.

Comments

• Hiyo - I'm a noob too, but I got my Peggy Draw to work (woo hoo!) after having some connection and programming issues (Yea for maker spaces and community for figuring stuff out) - 

I just had a question about the PeggyDraw2 program does it only allow full on and full off? I know the lights have 16 degrees of variable tone, is there a way that I can plot those in PeggyDraw2 or do I need to figure out how to adjust the code manually (like I said, I'm a noob... but I'm understanding it more and more and could maybe figure that out in some time) - 

The Peggy planner is great, and helps me visualize what I want to do but I'm not sure what to do with the data dump and how that fits into everything (if I use that instead of Peggy draw to do what I'm trying to accomplish visually) 

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks for your awesome site and products - This board is going to make its debut at our Arts council gala this weekend and going to be reused in a lot of our upcoming kids classes :) 

S
  • The PeggyDraw 2 program is for making high-speed monochrome animations. 

It does not support grayscale, although it is fast enough that it could be used for grayscale animations, or modified to support grayscale animation at a lower frame rate.